Re: [T3] fan for '72 square

On 4 Jan 2001, at 19:54, Russ Wolfe wrote:

> If you drill out the rivets that hold the fan to the center machined
> hub, you will find that there is a rubber damper in between them. Or
> if you take a fan, and put it on the end of a crankshaft, and try to
> turn the fan, you will find that there is a little movement between
> the stamped steel fan, and the center hub.

Interesting! I vaguely remember having this conversation before, but
it had slipped my mind.

When Berg balances one of these, he welds the fan to the hub in 4
places. I'd love to take one of these apart, but don't want to
sacrifice a perfectly good fan. Does anyone have the hub from a
destroyed fan that they'd let me take apart. I'd be happy to return
the pieces after the autopsy.  ;-)

-
Jim Adney
jadney@vwtype3.org