Re: [T3] Won't Start Puzzler

On 4 Jan 2001, at 17:08, Russ Wolfe wrote:

>   The idiot lights didn't come on until after I was pulled over to
> the side of the road and nearly stopped.

> The idiot lights not coming on, tells me you lost power from the
> ignition switch.

That depends....

Mark, were you pulling over with the car still in gear and turning
the engine over, or were you coasting to the side of the road out of
gear with the engine already stopped?

The generator light should come on sometime before the engine stops
turning over, while the oil light will come on shortly afterward.

If your engine is not turning but the key is ON, the lights should
both be on. In this case Russ is probably right!