Re: [T3] stroking a type 3

On 4 Jan 2001, at 16:20, PiMpSoMe@aol.com wrote:

> Can anybody help? I want to stroke my engine in my fastback, but i
> think i read somewhere that because of the fan it can't be done. i
> dont know why this would affect anything.

IIRC, Berg is a little vague on this. I think it comes down to a
cooling issue. I don't know why the type 3 should cool any less
well than the type 1. Perhaps it's because we have to pull our air in
through a longer path, thus limiting the air that gets here.

-
Jim Adney
jadney@vwtype3.org
Madison, WI 53711-3054