Re: [T3] Copperstate show

Jim,

Given that you do not accept that the Brazilian Type 3s are "REAL" Type
3s, you claim that "the only real Type 3s were made in Germany".  I think
you may be overlooking the fact that Type 3s were fully manufactured in
Australia (from 1964 to 1968) and in South Africa (from 1964 to 1969).
Body panels were made on local presses by VW in Australia and South Africa
and engine cases and heads were also made in VW's non-ferous foundries in
both countries.  (Type 3s were also CKD-assembled in Australia (1968 to
1974), Ireland and Belgium from German-made kits.)  Unlike the Brazilian
ones, those fully manufactured in Australia and South Africa were not so
easily identifiable as different from German ones.

Regards,

Simon Glen
Toowoomba, Australia.