Re: [T3] re door question

>>my 66 only has a lock below the handle on the rh side drivers side the

passenger side can only be opened when locked from the inside it was
originally a n model.<<

The parts list is hard to decipher when it comes to doors but I studied
it and it's clear that the economy trim level 1500N and 1600A models
from 1964 through 1969 only had outside door locks on the driver's side.
I never knew this before, Neil's N-model square confirms it. Someone
replaced Marcel's door with an earlier door because the hinges were
compatible with the Notch 3-hole mounts. The door was a 1967 N-model
door (note in the photo: the lack of deluxe-model trim, but also there's
an interior pull-up door lock visible through the window), but it was
one that was intended for a RHD market, so no lock on the left (that's a
one-year-only RHD-market door, how's that for a rarity?).

Long story short: he needs a late Notch door. Someone in the UK probably
needs the door he has.

Scott
62 343, 65 361

Pitch in!  Send your pledge of support!  mailto:support@vwtype3.org