RE: [T3] Dash Repair

At 09:57 AM 2/23/01 -0800, Fuhriman, Mark wrote:
>My current '69 has lived it's whole life in northern California where it's
>not so hot.  And the dash is not cracked. I think the dashes can last, but
>only if the sun stays off them.  Isn't the dash on Dave O's '62 uncracked?
>(A very strange dash, by the way.  Wraps all the way around to the back of
>the car).

My '70 has spent most of it's life in Guerneville, under all the big
redwood trees, and the dash is cracked to hell.  Couple of good-sized
cracks about 1/2-3/4in wide in the speaker area, crack from the windshield
heading towards the speedometer, and the passenger-side end pulled past the
screw near the windshield.  The pad in my ex-'73, which had apparently come
from San Diego, had a good-looking dash that disentegrated when I tried
taking it out...<snif> and I so *wanted* that dash!