RE: [T3] Dash Repair

One of the things I do for a liveing is dash repair. There are two types of
cracks. Expansion cracks are those that run the with of the dash, in other
words from the direction of back to front. The other is damage caused by
action other than drying out and heat.

Expansion crack repair is at best temporary and there are few options,
carpet mat, plastic dash cap or replacement. Being in the business I have
investigated claims and tried out every known repair system known to man.
There is no long term repair to Expansion cracks. If someone can figure out
how to keep the dash from expanding under heat the problem will be solved.
Carpet mats & shields will not work. Sometime we have to take out cars into
the environment and that's all it takes to have a crack next to a "perfect
repair". Carpet mats don't help. Imagine wrapping yourself into that
material. Try to see how long a person will last in the hot summer. See what
I mean?

Other damage will repair well because you don't have the expansion factor
working against you.

Plastic dash caps are not the best for the T3 model. On our cars they only
cover the top half of the dash. Sun shields have to be used because the sun
will attack a dash cap.

Bob
http://thesamba.com/vw/shows/swbugin8/16.jpg