RE: [T3] 2.3L ?

>Toby - Is all the talk about larger engines being less reliable, running
>hotter, and having a shorter lifespan just talk? How do you think a 2.3 will
>last in your square? And where is it from, and more importantly what will a
>beast like that cost?
>-Wilson (69' Square "Dolly")

Actually, that would be Steve putting this in.  Besides, his is a T1 engine, mine is a T4.  I expect at least 100k miles, if not a bit more.  Don't think of this engine as a 2.3L that you are used to (ie, T1 format).  If you want to think of this as equivalent in T1 terms, think of this as a 1776, but more reliable (at least in my opinion).  I will need a small 16 plate cooler, though.

T4s can be built up to 3.0L, so 2.3L is pretty mild.  I should get 150 hp or so and 25mpg, but I'll tell you after I have it installed.  It sure ain't cheap (~$5k since I can't do any work myself -- home owners association rules), but then I don't need to build another one in 50k miles.

Want to learn more?  www.shoptalkforums.com can explain most of it.

Steve
'71 2.3L