Re: [T3] PLASTIC PART FABRICATION

On 21 Feb 2001, at 7:20, Norman H. Waaks wrote:

> Does anyone know what it would take expense-wise to have a plastics
> fabricator make a replacement part for a vehicle that is not currently
> available in the inventory of VW part dealers?

It is often more expensive to make a part out of plastic than out of
metal.

> Lets use the example of a T3 gas tank filler tube neck (gizmo) as a
> cost basis.

Plastic would not be my first choice for this part.

What's wrong with yours? I've fixed one of these, and I should have
a good used one somewhere. Either option would be MUCH
cheaper than what you're proposing.

-
Jim Adney
jadney@vwtype3.org