Re: liscense plate bracket

On 19 Feb 2001, at 15:42, Tom Hansen wrote:

> My factory service manual tells me that all Notches had this standard
> hole pattern in the rear apron. This supports what other Notch owners
> have reported and goes with my NOS rear apron which had the holes and
> nuts. It also says that the front ones need to be drilled and plate
> mounted before delivery to the customer.

Since this is for 61, it sounds consistent with what came out a few
weeks ago about the very early cars not having the front formed
license mounting location.

It also seems likely that the "delivery kit" that Russ describes
could well have been different for different markets.

Pitch in!  Send your pledge of support!  mailto:support@vwtype3.org