Re: [T3] Ya ask a simple question...

On 19 Feb 2001, at 0:30, Marc Bona wrote:

>         ....Ya know, sometimes all you want is a simple
> answer....I was just needing to place an order for parts Tuesday and
> didn't want to go through the trouble of removing the sump plate
> when I was SURE someone on this list would know the two sizes of
> pickup tube.

Sorry, but there's not always a simple answer. There were 2
different sizes of OE pickup tubes. You gave us an engine number,
but not a description. If you had said single or dual oil relief valve
case, that would have narrowed it down.

Unfortunately I don't have either memorized.

I plead guilty to not having enough time to plow thru the numbers
and try to figure this one out for you.

I'm not sure about this, but the Berg catalog implies that there are
Brazilian and/or Mexican cases with 2 additional sizes out there.

What it all boils down to is that there is only 1 way to be sure, and
that is to measure YOURS.

I wasn't trying to be difficult, but I also didn't want to give you info
that might turn out to be wrong.

Besides, what's wrong with your old one? They never go bad, and
the OE ones are much better quality than many of the
replacements out there.

-
Jim Adney
jadney@vwtype3.org