Re: [T3] Splash Shield???

> My guess is that they are some kind of misguided splash shield
> installed to keep a water leak from damaging the fuse box, but I
> think it would have been much better to just fix the source of the
> leak.

Jim,

You've hit the nail on the head.  They (and I've only seen one per car) are
exactly that.  The only conclusion I'd come to was that they were to give a
little extra protection to the fuse box in the event of water damage.  But
also as they are close to the heater channel which runs up the A-pillar, I
also gather that it is here to provide some protection to the relays from
the heat coming through to "demist" the windscreen.

Hope this helps.

Regards,

Wayne
'69 Notch