Re: liscense plate bracket

Subject: Re: liscense plate bracket

> On 17 Feb 2001, at 22:12, Russ Wolfe wrote:
>

> I'm sure the front brackets weren't factory installed, but the holes
> for them were. Did you have to drill the holes for the rears? They
> don't seem to display the same uniformity that the fronts do. I
> suspect that the dealers ended up drilling them. I wonder why VW did
> it that way.

We drilled the holes for the rear bracket. But the front bracket came in the
pre-delivery kit in the trunk with the wiper arms, blades, mirrors, hubcaps,
etc. The rear bracket was something you went to the parts department to get.
Therefore, the rear brackets could be different, depending on where the
parts manager could get the best deal on them.
On the Type-1, the dealer supplied both of the brackets.

Russ Wolfe
russw@classicvw.org
http://www.classicvw.org/

Pitch in!  Send your pledge of support!  mailto:support@vwtype3.org