Re:[T3] Oil filter installation

Gene Berg has good setups for full flow oil filtering
on our cars. The type 3 is not as easy as the type 1's
to perform this modification on. The best way to do
a type 3 is to buy an oil pump cover(www.geneberg.com)
or a complete pump, with an oil outlet on the cover
and the outlet passage on the pump tapped and plugged
with a pipe plug. Then the oil passagway nearest the
pump, on the case, needs to be tapped and a return
fitting installed. In between these fittings you
install your remote filter using oil lines and a remote
oil filter housing. The type 1 full flow pump will not
fit on our cars due to the fact that it will not clear
the fan housing. There are also pump designs out there
that have an inlet and outlet line on the pump cover.
This saves tapping the case, but is only good for stock
to mild performance applications due to the fact that
the two nipples on the pump can restrict oil flow at
very high RPM.I went through this quest for info a
little while back and this was what i found. Hope it
helps.
Marc Bona
1967 Fastback
New Mexico
http://www.67Fastback.cjb.net

Who needs Cupid?  Matchmaker.com is the place to meet somebody.
FREE Two-week Trial Membership at http://www.matchmaker.com/home?rs=200015

Pitch in!  Send your pledge of support!  mailto:support@vwtype3.org