[T3] Transmission Swap Question

i just ran across another 73 SB the body is about 95% rotbox from what i
have seen, im going to strip it and use the parts for my SB and keep what
every is good from it, it has a motor and transmission, my question is can a
T3 transmission be used in a T1 B%G ? sorry to say the B word but mine is
poping outa 4th after blowing a axle seal and im told its in need of a new
tranny..

67 Baja Bug
73 Squareback
http://type3.cjb.net