Re: [T3] Sway bars

>Do you understand that, unlike the beetle, the type 3 front end
>already includes a sway bar?

	Eh?  Well, no... but, yes, except, well, no... ;)

	Depends what you mean, Jim.

	The Type I front beam contains no "integrated" anti-sway, as does
the Type III, naturally.

	However, starting roughly around the late 1950s, I believe, the
Type I received an anti-sway bar as standard equipment.  My '62 Beetle had
one -- which I replaced with a much thicker/stiffer one.  The stock one is
maybe, I dunno, a centimeter or so thick.

	So, the Beetle didn't have one, then it got one, but it was
externally mounted to the lower trailing arms.  My Type III add-on front
torsion bar mounts in precisely the same way -- with *no* holes to drill!

-Greg