Re: [T3] I need a fuel pump - fast!

On 6 Feb 2001, at 8:42, Chris Picknally wrote:

> I got up this AM to find a puddle in my drive . . . it was fuel.
>
> I fear the pump has been on the way out I think.

It's very unusual for a pump which has been working to leak. The
ONLY place I have seen that happen is on the late pumps where
there is a metal cap on the side of the pump which can rust thru.

What year is your pump/car?

>  it is a 70 FI square.

I can't remember whether 70 got the late pump or not. Russ?

It is not unheard of for hoses, even relatively new hoses, to break. I
would check out this possibility first.

I should have several pumps available in a week or so.

-
Jim Adney
jadney@vwtype3.org
Madison, WI 53711-3054