[T3] Suspension tweeking

My suspension was always kind of  funky, I thought that
bouncing ugly after passing RR tracks was normal for this car and
that the " I cannot feel the streering wheel to tire connection "
was normal or this kind of car until yesterday. In the past, after
reading e-mails about tires not to be inflated to "normal level"
I kind of disreguarded this information as bogus because we have
radial tires. So I suffered from funky front suspesion since I had
my car for over a year .

I decided yesterday to deflate my front tires from the usual 32 lbs
to 23 lbs. I went further than that and turned my tires to the right
and shook the car fron side to side while under the car to observe any
loose hardware; well I saw the top arm go in and out pretty well
like about almost a .4 of an inch . This seemed really bad to me so
I decided to read what this was, (learning experience); I found out
that there was an adjustment for that. The adjustment is located
on the top passenger side arm. I used two 15mm wrenches
for the top bolt and it's lock nut and 13mm for the side bolt on
this top right hand arm . After I tightened the side bolt I shook
the car again and lossened and tightened until the arm movement
was barely noticeable. I did not want to tighten the bolt all the way
because that would wear out the outer bushing; Then I tightened
and locked the top bolt. This was done
without lifting car or removing tire.

This changed the feel of my car greatly, it now feels steady like a
larger car and not like a skateboard. Very steady and rock solid,
the wind does not affect it as much.
What I learn from listening to you guys.

LEON MARTINEZ
martinezl@ftscpac.navy.mil

1969 SQUAREBACK EFI/AUTO
SAN DIEGO AND TIJUANA