[T3] Fuel Leak

I have a fuel leak that I'm puzzled about.  The short
version of the story is that after examining the car
because it wasn't starting easily I noticed that the
MPC for the cold start valve was covered with fuel.
(I have a '71 Squareback, fuel injected.) I noticed
that there was a little fuel around the clamp for the
cold start fuel line right above it--feasably the
source of the fuel on the MPC but not sure.

However, the more serious and important finding was
that the injector T-junction on the 1-2 cylinder side
was soaked with fuel!  I checked the line running to
the cold start valve and didn't find any fuel on the
outside (I thought perhaps that fuel had run down from
a leak up at the valve down to the injectors).

I recently (6 months or so) replaced that line (though
with a crappy non-braided hose), and it is feasable
that I screwed up both connections and that they both
started leaking roughly simultaneously.  It just seems
like too much of a coincidence, though.  Does anyone
have any ideas as to other things that could be
causing this?

Thanks in advance!

Here's some more data: after an ill-fated trip to
Vegas during which my generator died, I noticed that
the car was very hard starting.  It would start, run
very briefly, then die.  I could eventually get it to
run by persistence and giving it a ton of gas. (I am
so thankful I didn't stupidly burn up my car.) After
it was warmed up it would run well (as well as it was
before, anyway).  All this makes me think cold start
valve, but I dunno...

Patrick