[T3] pedal assembly

   First off, this is a type one problem. When I bought this bug I
noticed the pedal assembly was in crooked, one of the bolts didnt hold
its half of the pedal assembly flush to the tunnel, and had three
washers between the assembly and tunnel as shims. Just on one side. This
meant it didnt get a straight push and it didnt take long for the clutch
pedal to break.                 Now I have a new pedal assembly but the
same problem. It fits flush when I test fit it without the cable
attached and without the bolts, but after the cable is attached it wont
bolt in flush.

                         Bugwhyzer