Re: [T3] Type 36-265 Variant Panel Van

Jim Adney wrote:

> On 2 Feb 2001, at 14:03, Per Lindgren wrote:
>
> > Btw, I have a set of brake pads for the 4-pot calipers here, new ETF
> > brand from Italy. Anyone that might need them can get them. I ordered
> > them from Sweden, for a 73 Variant, but as you know Sweden got big
> > brakes, I dont. I got the wrong pads of course.
> >
> > P/n 361 698 151A, picture: http://perlindgren.tripod.com/4potpads.jpg
>
> Interesting, these pads don't really look much bigger than the
> usuals. How much taller are they than the standard late type 3
> pad?

I'll tell you what. I'll go to the FLAPS tomorrow and pick up a set of the
"other" pads (the Volvo 240 size) and take a few photo's of the two
together. It's OK to have some extra pads around, they only cost a few
bucks anyway. If I dont need them, there's a Volvo 240-owner at work so no
prob.

> Does anyone know the diameter of the pistons in these?

There are no reference to these in the ETKA, but all the parts for the
"normal" calipers are erased too. The pads are there though. I've gotten a
few images of these brakes from Dave Hall some time ago. I can send them to
you if want me to, Jim.

PerL
73 Variant L