[T3] LHD drive; Was Type 36-265 Variant Panel Van

Subject: Re: [T3] Type 36-265 Variant Panel Van

Unfortunately, they only make them with left hand drive!!!!!

I have converted standard beetles from LHD to RHD for rural mail carriers
here in the States. Only problem is that they ended up the the speedometer
in the orginal position. I didn't have access to get the conversion parts
for that. Also, I was never asked to do it on a Super Beetle, Because the
McPherson struts wouldn't hold up to the rough roads. The rural mail
carriers even prefered the "king and link pin" front axle because of the
abuse they got.

Russ Wolfe
russw@classicvw.org
http://www.classicvw.org/