[T3] SAN DIEGO GROUP SHORT HISTORY

The good things have been happening to us recently:

1. Jack Fisher mentions getting a group together in San Diego.

2. Interested people sends e-mails to each other and uses Leon Martinez
    as e-mail hub.

3. 11 people signed up early Jan .

4. Getting together for the first time 13th of January 2001, 9 people and
their
    cars  showed up. Hambergers, picture taking, photo albums,
    showing off cars, helping out was the agenda of the day. People
    oo'ed and aah'ed at our cars, well at least at the T-34.

5. 18 of Jan , next meet starting to organize.

6. On 24th Jan , special request from Lee and Jason brought our members
     together for a VW  funeral procession on request from a family who lost
     a little boy of six who had a fascination for old VW's .  5 to six
members and
     their cars showed up among other non type 3 VW's. It was an honor for
us to
     do this for this special little boy.

7.  As of today we have 21 members and 20 cars signed up for our group and
     just a couple of people may not show up. We expect the gathering will
be pretty
     good.

8. The creation of our flyer to invite more people to our group and
gatherings.

9. Greg Merritt has created a link "sandiego@type3.org" that links all our
member's
    e-mail address to one address, so if one  uses this address , all
members will get
    the e-mail. He also list our San Diego group in his site as a club as
well as
    San Fransisco's group .  I hope more groups pop up. Thanks alot Greg.

10. Matt Small performed the heroic effort of creating a site for us , while
updating
     and maintaining his site . He should be raised to type 3 sainthood. The
site is
     www.ocvv.org/sandiego . We got some pictures from the Jan 13 burger
run.

11. 25 of February marks the day of  our second meet (picknick/BBQ), I think
at least 20 people
      will attend, some reply e-mail from some prospective new people is in
waiting.
      The place: Balboa Park , date: 25 Feb 2001 , time: 11:00 AM until we
wake up
      from too much food.