From: Greg Merritt [mailto:gregm@vwtype3.org]
Sent: Saturday, December 29, 2001 6:51 PM
To: type3@vwtype3.org
Subject: [T3] list search test

        I've put 53,000 old Type III list posts on the Web, and
they're accessible via a search.  It covers list posts from 11/96
through 11/01, with three months of 1999 missing at the moment.

        It appears to juuust be working the way I want it to work
after a lot of tweaking.  Can folks give it a try?  I'll make it
accessible here for the next couple of hours:

        http://vwtype3.org/test

It's possible that you might see some weird behavior... I make no
guarantees. :)  The search works a little bit differently from the
way most search engines do, so you'll be happiest with the results if
you read the page before entering your queries.

        Again, be warned that I expect to take it off-line again for
more tweaking after several folks give it a run -- especially if
y'all break it! ;)

-Greg