Re: [T3] Type 3 Convertibles (was FI hstory)

On 29 Dec 2001, at 13:37, Daniel Baum wrote:

> Putting myself in the place of a 1960s customer looking for a sports
> coupe, given the choice between the Type 34 and the seemingly very
> similar and  - I assume - much cheaper Type 14, I can't see much that
> would induce people to spend the extra money.

I wonder if Chevy's introduction of the Corvair in 1960 was part of
the reason that VWoA never imported the T34 into the US. By the
time the T34 got going, the Corvair was doing quite well.

Anyone who is familiar with both cars will see a resemblance
between them. I wonder if Ghia did any of the design work on the
Corvair....