RE: [T3] Low Mileage T3 value

<x-charset iso-8859-1>
----- Original Message -----
From: "Everett Barnes" <everettb@thesamba.com>

> I've seen a number of awesome original Notchbacks/Variants for sale in the
> past year in Europe for around $4-$6k with 60-70K Kms.  A nice
all-original
> '67 Squareback was here in the states for $5000 for a long time, actual
> sales price unknown. There have been a few mint, low-mileage '66-'67
Fastbacks
> for $6-$7k that I personally thought was crazy money.
>
> A car with 30K miles should drive like new and should still be an
untouched
> original.

Just to add my two penn'orth; many cars with ultra-low mileages have done
all their driving around town, and have as much suspension- (bouncing up and
down curbs/ kerbs and potholes) and engine-wear (cold starts and racing away
from the lights) as any higher mileage car. Also many will have been
"stored" (dumped might be a better word) in the open for a number of years,
which will take its toll on all the bodywork and interior. In the case of my
car with 31000km, the suspension and steering are still good, but the
interior has faded away due to being stored outside for some 16 years, and
the heater still blows out pine-needles from some German's back garden!

The immaculate low-mileage cars do exist, but they really are rare.

Dave

</x-charset>