Re: [T3] light switch removal

on 29/12/01 1:13 PM, jack at proformance2@home.com wrote:

> Thanks for all the help.  While putting away some golfballs that I got for
> Christmas I found a divot repair tool that looked like it could work.  I
> tried it but it was to weak so I ended up scratching my dash using
> vicegrips.  I needed to put a new switch in because my other had a short and
> was draining my battery.  I will buy the correct tool when I get my car
> painted.
I had one that had been stuck after it looked like it had been put back in
after the car had just been painted. I tried to use needle nosed pliers but
ended up wrecking the nut. In the end I drilled two small holes (not right
through) directly across from one another and used a golf shoe spike
installing tool to take it out, it worked perfectly, but I had to get a new
nut.

HTH,
Ben Doughney

'75 1200L