[T3] Fastback Engine Troubles Ideas....Updated info

<x-charset iso-8859-1>Just to make clear...my Fastback is a 1970 model with an automatic
transmission...engine code 'U' I guess its a later motor...running an '001'
distributor. Just got through timing it with strobe, using the power off the
15 on the coil....timed to zero degrees - a mark I made after eyeballing the
#3 valves...my mark is a few degrees to the left of the far left mark on the
pulley. Funny thing my dwell and tach functions did not work at all (no
reading) using the '15' as a power source. Not sure if this is because my
gun is broken or because i'm using '15' instead of the battery as this is
the first time I've used this method.

anyway, timing at zero..ran it around the block a few times and to get gas
like that....still seems to exhibit the symptom...that is idle has a miss
which becomes worse as i sit there. slight miss when taking off from a stop
and once I give it gas it clears out. This tells me the general missing and
sputtering would come back full force if I got it warmed up on a 15 minute
ride.

I changed the fuel pump relay just for giggles made no difference....next I
will attempt to adjust the idle....I guess then its on to trying to test
each FI component and buying diagnostic tools etc....comments & suggestions
welcome

chris