RE: [T3] Fastback Engine Trouble...ideas?

<x-charset iso-8859-1>You don't say what year, but I'd start with this:
0. You say you did this, but the valves, dwell, timing, and all the other
basic tune-up things have to all be in order and working right.  Also,
adjust your idle to the correct spec. and time your engine with the strobe
before you go any further.

You can check the injectors for proper flow and spray pattern.  Bentley
describes how to do it.  You'll need a small-ish ratchet, 10-mm socket, and
u-joint to get the injector pairs out.  unplug the heavy lead from the coil
to the dist. when you do this.

I also wonder about the fuel pump relay.  Maybe somebody else who knows
could tell us if they tend to go intermittent.  Have you measured fuel
pressure?  When I was working on a problem kind of similar to yours, I
tested (and ruled out) fuel pressure problems by making a gage with an extra
long hose.  I got a 60-psi gage and 5/16" nipple from my hardware store.  I
had a length of 5/16 fuel hose.  I ran the gage hose from the "T" fitting in
the engine compartment, along the outside of the car (I also have a
Fastback), and to my lap.  That way, I observed the fuel pressure under a
bunch of operating conditions: idle, hills, cold, warm, etc.  You might try
the same.  Keep us posted!

-Mark Fuhriman
 ('69 Fastback, Orinda, CA)