Re: [T3] carbs v FI

On 27 Dec 2001, at 19:21, dubdriver wrote:

> My understanding is that the lobe is ground offset (the reason the
> drive only fits the shaft one way too).  The dist cap has nothing to
> do with it. I'll set up a degree wheel and a dial indicator and find
> out.

Right. Someone who has access to a distributor machine could tell
this quickly.

> I'm certain that plenty of people have already done this though.  It's
> been pretty common knowledge that VW did this for years.

I think I read something in Berg's writing that said they checked a
bunch of dists and couldn't find a single one with the famous
retarded #3 cylinder. It certainly seems that there must be
SOMETHING to this myth, but it might end up being nothing more
than that.