Re: [T3] Bad news on the FI pin front.

On 24 Dec 2001, at 19:52, Mark Healey wrote:

> I got my quote from the distributor on the FI pins today.  The minimum
> order is 19000 at $.068 a piece for the ECU connectors and 10000 at
> $.0156 for the component ends.  That's $1448.  Too much for me to
> sink.  I'm going to call some parts people to see if they are willing
> to buy most of them.

The component ends are a standard part which should be available
from any number of places in reasonable quantities. It is just a tin
plated flat blade .110" female terminal with locking tab. There is
probably a specific part # that AMP supplied in 1968, but I'm sure
that there is a current production item readily available.

I have a handful of these that I bought in Japan, and my local auto
repair shop carries them as well.

Only the ECU ends are special.