[T3] Brakes setting horn off?

All:

Ok, this was kind of weird.

Stuck in Friday night traffic, and what happens?

I first have to push the brakes pretty hard and the horn goes off for a split second, and I think..."wow, I didn't hit the horn on the wheel, that's strange" so....I keep driving....need to push the brakes hard again....horn goes off again....what?...this happens...traffic slows....have to hit the brakes more often...brakes start setting the horn off EVERY time the brake pedal goes down...I begin thinking.... 'OK, Friday night, close to Christmas, road rage....someone HELP ME!!!"

Finally, pulled over at a store, and pulled the wire to the horn....I am serious...I need help....what is happening here?!?

jim