Re: [T3] Type 3 rust (possible purchase)

<x-charset Windows-1252>That's a normal place for the fenders to rust but I think the real problem
is what's behind the fender on the front clip.   Make sure you can't stick
your hand up in there and reach inside the car!

The price sounds kinda high to me but if the rust isn't too much worse and
assuming the car is pretty nice except for that, at least you won't have to
spend money retrieving some other car...

Besides, there's a set of '70 front fenders on my site for ONLY $500.
(Kidding, that is INSANE!)

Everett
everettb@thesamba.com
http://www.thesamba.com

> I'm going to look at another Type 3 tomorrow, a Squareback this time.  The
> owner tells me that the car is in original condition....never restored.
The
> only rust he divulged was on the "front quarter panels" which he labled as
> "pretty bad".  I've seen this rust on pictures and I'm wondering how bad
> this type of rust is to fix?  Apparently this rust is right in the area
> around where the antenna is.  Is a car with this kind of rust worth
buying?

> The guy wants around $1500 for the car which is not a bad deal if the car
is
> in as nice as he says....I may be able to use the rust to talk him down.
>
> What's a fair price for an original '71 Square with a manual tranny?

</x-charset>