[T3] Electrical and Idle question

 My little FI '71 Square has been good to me and has had no problem since
that semi side swiped it ( if any one remembers, about 3 months ago). Heres
the problem, I was setting my timing with a strobe and used my generator as
a power source for the strobe. After I set the timing to what the Bently
says ( never had problems with setting this) I then noticed that my
generator light is now on all the time. I have not run any tests on my
generator yet, but will tommorrow. Could I have shorted something? And since
this light has been staying on, my engine's idle sticks at high rpm when I
stop. It stays at the same rpm as the last gear I was in and only goes away
if I rev the engine. The other weird new occurence is the engines fluxiates
from high rpm to low to high and so on. Not really sure where to start.
Could these things be related? I really lost on this one. Putting me in the
right direction will be greatly appreciated.
mike
'71 Square FI