[T3] little rubber bits (was: archives working?)

<x-flowed>At 02:10 AM 12/20/01 -0500, Bonedaddy wrote:
>Hi volks,
>I'm trying to hunt down various rubber pieces for my 69 square...(snip)
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Jim Adney replied:
"(snip)...Your best bet for parts is to make a list and post it to the group.
Someone out here is likely to have what you need.
Jim Adney
jadney@vwtype3.org
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Thanks Jim,
The reason I didn't put up a list of stuff I need is because I remember
reading about a bunch of it here over the years...that's why I was trying
to search the archives first.
Since you asked.... :)
I'm replacing some seals on the 69 Squareback. Rubber washers for the
fender bolts, inner seal for the rear fenders, door seals, outer pop-out
seals, front and rear lid seals. It looks like I can find a lot of it from
ISP, RMMW, or California Imports......if I have a LOT of $$$$$$$$$$$$$.
I was wondering if anyone had used "other" sources? Couldn't find anything
great at Mcmaster-Carr or Graingers.

My car is not a show car, nor is it "stock-intact". I don't know if any one
remembers but mine was the finicky automatic that would refuse to go back
into drive after a jaunt in reverse. (kinda' learned to live with it, but
it did get less frequent)
Last year Dave Hall sent me an illustration of the cross section of the
heater channel, which I tediously did my best to replicate.
I have done some beetle belly pan grafting to it because way too much of
the road was becoming visible and, since my front fender headlight buckets
were terminal with rot, I have fitted pre 66 beetle headlights...

It's almost back on the road after a LOT of sheet-metal fabricating.(we
have a lot of salt on the roads this side of the USA)

Oh yeah, new ball joints, and tie rod ends, and a non-rotted front beam
from a sway meet too.

Starting to look like a mini-hearse, I'm spraying it stealth satin black.

New seals all around will lengthen the time till I have to get the welder
out again.  ;)

Sorry for being long winded and possibly nonsensical.
Thanks for your suggestions

Allan Bonedaddy Erush
Skeletons In My Closet Productions
Grisly Gothic Gables Haunted House