[T3] Door drains...was: New T3 report - Portland

Thanks, Mark. Will check for this.

The interior door panels appear fine (at least from water damage), so the liner must be there...this car has been exposed to loads of dust, so with rain, creates a bunch of mud is my guess....I appreciate the tip!

jim

>>> "Mark Fuhriman" <mfuhriman@fugro.com> - 12/20/01 10:05 AM >>>
> Drivers door is letting water leak into interior of door, so
> this needs fixing ASAP. Particularly here in sodden Portland...

The doors are not designed to be water-tight.  However, they ARE designed to
drain, and your drains are probably clogged.  Look for two little slits at
the bottom of the door.  One toward the front and one toward the back.  You
might have to look under door rubber.  The slits are right where the outer
door skin folds under the bottom of the door.  Just look under there and
you'll find them.  Inside the door, you should have a sheet of heavy plastic
glued in there to keep water away from the interior door panel.

-Mark Fuhriman