Re: [T3] Cold Start

<x-charset iso-8859-1>On Wednesday 19 December 2001 18:37, Keith Park wrote:
> its VERY simple, if the car floods from the CSV, you replace the
> temperature switch.  Ive never known one of these injectors to stick...
> Jim, Russ, ever seen one stick?.  The switch automatically opens and
> disconnects the injector if its too hot... effectively automatically
> unplugging it.
>
> Thats the problem with most mechanics when the get into the FI.. they just
> unplug things till it works or gets better, its why the systems are in such
> bad shape on some cars today.   You should see what this does to modern
> cars!

I wish I had a dollar for every diluted crankcase I have drained. And yes,
the CSV was connected right on most of these cars. I think after 35 years, I
would know how they are wired.
I admit that you and Jim probably wouldn't have any problems, BUT, they don't
really need it. In my opinion, they were more trouble than they were worth
for the average driver.

--
Russ Wolfe
'71 Fastback AT