RE: [T3] How do the window washers work?

On 19 Dec 2001, at 9:45, Y and C Everhart wrote:

> I also have a question about the window washers:  Although the hoses
> would seem easily replaceable, what about rebuilding the switch valve?
>  Mine leaks water through the switch button when it is charged with
> air and pressed.  Is there a rebuild kit available, or can it be
> rebuilt with O-rings found at the hardware store?

I've never heard of anyone rebuilding these, but the most common
cause of leakage like this is from getting the hoses hooked up
switched around. The pressure hose needs to connect to the nipple
that is the farthest from the dash.

-
Jim Adney
jadney@vwtype3.org