Re: [T3] Type 3 Automatics

Joe:

Will be interested in the auto tran comments also...

If you want I could send a pic of the dashboard instrumentation on a 73. I would believe it is original, but not positive.  It would be tonight at the earliest...

jim

>>> "Joe McGill" <jmcgill89@hotmail.com> - 12/19/01 10:04 AM >>>
In my never-ending quest to learn as much about the Type 3 as possible, I
now turn to the automatic transmission.

What's the prevailing opinion of VW's first "real" automatic?  Is it more
difficult to service/repair than a manual?  Are there any major problems
with the unit?All things being equal, should I turn down a car because it's
an auto?

On another note, what did the speedometer in the '73 Type 3 look like?  Does
it look like the ones in earlier type 3's or does it look more like the ones
in the
type 1's?

Joe
still looking...