[T3] Re: [T3] Type 34 impressions

<x-charset iso-8859-1>>On 18 Dec 2001, at 12:09, DGaries808@aol.com wrote:

> But for normal driving, the Type 34 will easily hit 70-75 Mph and hold
it. That's more than most VW's will do. I don't know what the top speed
is, but I'd guess it's about 100 Mph.

Dude, take it out of 3rd gear!!!

Seriously, VW literature states the dual carb. and FI max speed as 84 mph
manual/81 mph automatic. (Sources - '65,'69,'73 brochures)  Single carb.
models were 78 mph. (Source - '62 brochure)

Of course VW has always been known for understating things so I would add
15%-20% to that.

Everett
http://thesamba.com