From: Jim Adney [mailto:jadney@vwtype3.org]
Sent: Tuesday, December 18, 2001 12:39 PM
To: Type3@vwtype3.org
Subject: Re: [T3] Type 34 impressions

On 18 Dec 2001, at 12:09, DGaries808@aol.com wrote:

> But for normal driving, the Type 34 will easily hit 70-75 Mph and
> hold it. That's more than most VW's will do. I don't know what the
> top speed is, but I'd guess it's about 100 Mph.

I'm not certain of the top end, but I think my bone stock 73 FI AT
square will do all these things, too. I know that cruising at 70-75 is
no problem at all; I've done that for hours....

As far as my top end goes, I only know that it's over 90 and I
suspect that it'll do 100 if given time.

Of course for all these things: level ground, no headwind, no
Christmas tree on the roof rack, etc....

-
Jim Adney
jadney@vwtype3.org
Madison, WI 53711-3054