Re: [T3] Fuel pump return line for carbs?

On 17 Dec 2001, at 10:22, Erkson, Toby wrote:

> Could -- and should? -- there be a return line for after-market carbs?  I'm
> running a Red Holley electric fuel pump with a Holley pressure regulator (as
> Gene Berg suggests).  The regulator has one input and two outputs.

My old Mercedes had a return line for the carbs. It was just fed by
a small orifice which allowed the system to bleed off bubbles. I
don't know how important it was, and I don't think most systems
use them.

If I were you, I'd just mount an electric pump under the gas tank,
with the safety interlock and then branch the 2 carbs off one
regulator. Perhaps that's pretty much what you've already done.

-
Jim Adney
jadney@vwtype3.org
Madison, WI 53711-3054