[T3] Fuel Injection Question

<x-flowed>My only aircooled VW experience is with a Type 1 Super Beetle, and the only
Type 3 I've ever driven is a Notch in pretty poor shape.  Thus, I know next
to nothing about these cars.  There are many of the little aspects that I
don't know about such as how to turn the heat on in a Type 3.  In the
earlier models I think the heat is controlled by this one little console
that goes up and down.  In later models, I think there's like 4 knobs
instead of this console.....How does this work?

Second, and this is a broader question, what is the general opinion around
here about the Fuel Injection system on the T3?  Difficult to maintain?
Difficult to find parts for?  I know that in Type 1 circles, those who own
later Beetles with fuel injection are sort of looked down upon by those who
own earlier models (that, and the AFC unit is reputedly a poor system).

Sorry for the length of this message.  I've only been here for a week or so,
but I've already found some invaluable information from all of the helpful
folks on this list, so I'm going to keep poking around for info.  Thanks for
all your help.

Joe