[T3] Mysterious starting problem.

So it happened again. This time after not such a hard drive, but the engine
was warm.

Too refresh your memories:

After driving, with an engine warm enough to get heat, I stop the car and
can't get it re-started. Started and solenoid are fine, turn over no
problem.

After about 45 minutes, if I really hold the starter, I can get the engine
to sputter to life with a little play on the accelerator pedal.

When the engine is cool, it starts right up. Just turn the key and let go
and right on.

It was mentioned that the problem might be the temp sensor, so when it
wouldn't start, I duly got out my VOM and could not figure out for the life
of me what I was supposed to be connecting it to. Ground and what? I have no
idea how to get to the sensor.
Key on or key off?

The temp sensor seal is a bit worn and cracked at the top, but otherwise
intact if a brittle feeling. So stiff I was afraid to try to pry it off the
cooling tin. And here's the kicker...let's say it IS the head temp sensor.
Am I going to have to pull the engine to swap it out? That's going to be a
REAL drag to have to do that this time of year. Please tell me there's some
way to get to it if I pull off the valve cover.

Finally again if it IS the temp sensor going on the fritz, I should find out
where to get one before Keira and I start travelling for Xmas.

Been off the list the past week, literally working myself sick *sniffle*.
--
Mike Wodkowski
72 FI SQBK