RE: [T3] One more try before winter ( HELP)

<x-charset iso-8859-1>> Car has been sitting for years. I have to floor the gas to
> start it, when it starts in idles rough, blows black smoke,
> hesitates when reving, and will only rev to probably
> 1500-2000 rpm. I will be putting on new injectors this weekend.

Offhand it sounds like you're running very rich, assuming your regular
tune-up items are all in order as you say.  When you have to floor it to
start, all you're doing is opening the air intake all the way.  And all
those other symptoms point to a rich condition, too.

You have a long list of new parts that you've put on.  Are they all
compatible with one another?  All the FI parts on your 73 will need to be
"E" D-Jet components.  In particular, your ECU and pressure sensor need to
match up.  Make sure your pressure sensor is holding vacuum and that the
hose is good.  Test the resistances of the temp sensors and compare the
values with Bentley.  What is your system voltage when you're up and
running?  Any difference if you disconnect the cold start valve?

-Mark Fuhriman

</x-charset>