RE: [T3] Car sitting for years,clutch stuck (and drum brakes too)

<x-charset ISO-8859-1>My baby sits in the garage for weeks at a time, heck, even some months at a
time, without being moved and the e-brake fully engaged.  No problems with
the brake drums sticking.  E-brakes engaged while dry makes the difference I
believe.  Any bit of moisture will cause them to rust to the drum.

Now, when the drums get wet INSIDE on either of my cars (Squareback or '95
Jetta), the shoes will rust to the drums overnight!  Scares the bejeezus
outta me when I back my Jetta up and the car pauses, lifts its butt up,
POINGS!, and then scoots backwards 8-o  This happens after giving her a
thorough wash-down.  In such cases I've (mostly) learned to park her in gear
or drive around so the water evaps from the drums.

   Toby Erkson
   air_cooled_nut@pobox.com
   '95 VW Jetta III GL 2.0L, P-Chipped, Jamex sport suspension
   Portland, Oregon, http://www.icbm.org/

</x-charset>