[T3] VIN #s

<x-flowed>Concerning a possible Notchback purchase.  The owner tells me that it's a
'64, and it has all the "S" trim, but he says that the VIN is 11****

According to vwtype3.com, that would date the chassis as being produced in
late '62.  From what I read, there were no "S" models that year.

What could be the story?

Also, where's the other place on the Type 3 where they stamped the Chassis
number?  (other than the plate in the front trunk)

Thanks,
Joe