Re: [T3] Floorpans

On 5 Dec 2001, at 7:11, Joe McGill wrote:

> Concerning Al's comment, where does one go about finding these fiberglass
> floorpans?  Once they are found, can an amateur install them?  I think that,
> currently, the floors in my possible purchase have been patched with fiberglass,
> so they may not even need fixed......

I think a place called Innovations in Fiberglass makes floor parts for the type
3s, but they are not as good as you'd like and most people are dissapointed
in the result. They are also not as good in a crash as the metal pans
because the parts weren't designed to be made of this material.

> Also, are type 3 front fenders interchangable?  For instance, I know that
> there are some differences in the fenders....stuff like places for the side
> markers, moldings, front turn signals....basically, I'm asking how difficult it
> would be to find a front fender that matched the model year and style of my car?

If you ignore the holes in them, then all 61-69 front fenders interchange, and
all 70-73 front fenders interchange. In general, they are very hard to find in
good condition.

-
Jim Adney
jadney@vwtype3.org