[T3] Electric fuel pumps

<x-charset iso-8859-1>Hi People,

I am stumped.  I have a new electric fuel pump for my webers on my fastback.
I suspected that I am not getting enough fuel under power, so I have
purchased a Marshell fuel gauge (Mechanical, small on the fuel line,
0-15psi)  I am after 3 PSI limit on my pump.  My pump is susposed to be 5-7
PSI.  It is a solid state electric one that I bought off SCAT 12 months ago.

Anyway, I get no reading (0-.01psi).
Figure I have a dud gauge, I borrow a friends autometer gauge.  no reading.
Maybe the fuel line has issues, isolate pump, give new line to a fuel can,
another line to gauge. no reading.
Decide pump is knackered after not installed for 12 months.  Buy new pump,
new fuel filter.

Install with new line to jerry can, to new pump, to  gauge then back to
jerry can.  no reading.

Before anyone asks.

Yes the pump is facing the right way.  I am getting fuel flowing.  It will
flow a gallon in about 3-5 minutes.  (I didn't check exact)

I am shutting off the flow to get the pressure.  If I test with my thumb,
the pressure builds and like a water hose will spray.  It is not building
enough pressure to push my thumb off though.

The engine does run, however I am having symptoms that are indicating not
enough fuel is keeping up to the carbs.

Any ideas?  I am perplexed.

James C.

66 Fastback with very non-origional engine.
Adelaide, Australia.

</x-charset>