Re: [T3] Go Engine In... I said In!!! UGHHH!

On 3 Dec 2001, at 16:15, veedub@apartment101.com wrote:

> I'm having problems getting my new engine in the Notch.  I double checked
> the clutch alignment, added grease to the tranny nose, turned the flywheel
> to align with the starter, but I can't get it in.

Several things to consider:

Did you use a centering tool with the clutch disk while you
tightened the pressure plate to the flywheel?

Did you set the parking brake and put the transmission in gear
while you tried to turn the flywheel?

Did you check the gap between the transmission and engine cases
all around to make sure that they were parallel as you tried to bring
them together? How close together did you manage to get these
parts?